Resources for Your Business During COVID-19
As you know, local communities and small businesses have been impacted by spread of COVID-19. As a nonprofit that supports small businesses, Accion wants to provide you with helpful information and resources as the safety and health of our staff, clients and community is the highest priority.
NOTE: This list is being updated as new resources become available. Last updated: April 3, 10am.
Accion Local Office – Accion Serving Southern California
Accion staff team will continue services to support small businesses and are doing so virtually. All contact information and number remain the same.
- General questions?
- Cathy Galvan, Loan Support Associate - (firstname.lastname@example.org) Hablo español, 619.795.7250 ext. 419
- Clients with active loans who are impacted by COVID-19 and need assistance should email email@example.com to discuss their specific situation.
Local Electric Companies
SDG&E and SoCal Edison is temporarily suspending service disconnections and waiving late payment fees for business customers whose finances have been hit hard by the coronavirus.
County Resources in Our Service Area
These counties in our service area have pages dedicated to COVID-19 and have the latest governmental updates:
Recursos para pequeñas empresas en español:
- California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: http://www.cahcc.com/
- Para trabajadores con salarios bajos que necesiten apoyo por un tiempo limitado pero indeterminado.
- City of San Diego: Relief Package to Include Small Business Loans, Fee Deferrals Extension of Building Permits
- Resources from Asm. Lorena Gonzales' office including mental health and domestic violence resources
Local Business Resources For Counseling/Advice
Free one-on-one business counseling on general business topics is available by phone or video through our partners
Our Accion team can also help to coordinate an appointment on your behalf. Please email Etla Moreno (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
SBDC California has put together a Small Business Survival Guide to help navigate the options for California small business owners.
INC has compiled an extensive list of free tools, resources, and financial help for business owners hit by Covid-19.
Organizations with Grants/Loans for Small Businesses
- Payroll Protection Program (PPP) - The Paycheck Protection Program provides small businesses with funds to pay up to 8 weeks of payroll costs including benefits. Funds can also be used to pay interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities.
- Facebook: $100 million grant program
- SBA Emergency Funds – Disaster Loans Program
- KIVA Crowd Lending
- South County EDC: one-time $5,000 no-interest loan with repayment due on April 1, 2021.
- For eating establishments located in South San Diego County
- CDC Small Business Finance - Top Tips For Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 guide (being updated)
- Verizon GIVES $2.5 Million to LISC for Small Business and Nonprofits - First round of apps closes on April 4 at midnight. Preference will be given to entrepreneurs of color, women-owned businesses and business in undeserved communities
- San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund from San Diego Worker Assistance Initiative
- For low wage workers who need support for a limited but undetermined state of time
HR Resources for Employers
- San Diego Employers Association has compiled various HR links including info about the HR 6201 Families First Coronavirus Response Act, FAQS, forms and webinars.
- Taxes 2020: April 15 federal tax filing deadline extended to July 15
- IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue
Business Resources: California
Resources to Help Businesses Maintain Their Operations
- The California Office of the Small Business Advocate is available to help businesses identify resources and obtain answers to key questions (to the extent known).
- CAMEO’s Resources for Small Business - extensive list of resources (statewide and local) for small businesses
- The Small Business Administration
- San Diego Regional EDC: extensive list of resources for city of San Diego businesses.
Federal and State Government Resources
- California's Main Page for COVID-19 Updates (Spanish language available): https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- COVID-19 Guidance Documents, including guidance on public gatherings, entertainment venues, bars, restaurants, and nursing homes: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Guidance.aspx
- Governor Newsom's Executive Orders regarding the state's response to COVID-19: https://www.gov.ca.gov/category/executive-orders/
- Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html